To provide the best visitor and learning experience possible, The Alamo consults with renowned historians from all around the state of Texas and the United States. Below is a list, which will continue to grow, of just some of the historians the Alamo has worked with to craft a narrative for the Alamo Plan and future Alamo exhibits.
- Dr. James E. Crisp – North Carolina State University
- Dr. Frank de la Teja – Texas State University
- Dr. Don Frazier – Head of Texas Center, Schreiner University
- Dr. Dan Gelo – University of Texas at San Antonio
- James Ivey
- Mark Lambert – General Land Office
- Dr. Char Miller – Pomona College
- Dr. Amy Porter – Texas A&M San Antonio
- Ernesto Rodriguez – Alamo Trust, Inc.
- Colonel Thomas Ty Smith – University of Texas at San Antonio
- Dr. Andrew Torget – University of North Texas
- Dr. Omar Valerio-Jiménez – University of Texas at San Antonio
- Dr. Bruce Winders