These bullet casings were recovered from two of the excavation units within the Long Barrack. All were encountered in the builder’s trenches that had been excavated along the interior of the walls likely sometime after 1900. Each shell is cuprous (contains copper) and are most likely brass.
It is possible that these shells could be related to some of the early ceremonies held on site during the Daughters of the Republic of Texas custodianship. The bottom of each of the shells has corrosion that covers any possible marks that would allow for the identification of the manufacturer.