Plan A Visit
Although the Alamo fell in the early morning hours of March 6, 1836, the death of the Alamo defenders has come to symbolize courage and sacrifice for the cause of Liberty. The memories of James Bowie, David Crockett, and William B. Travis are as powerful today as when the Texan Army under Sam Houston shouted "Remember the Alamo!" as it routed Santa Anna at the battle of San Jacinto on April 21, 1836.
Located on Alamo Plaza in downtown San Antonio, Texas, the Alamo houses exhibits on the Texas Revolution and Texas History. Visitors are welcome to stroll through the beautiful Alamo Gardens. Just a short distance from the River Walk, the Alamo is a "must see" for all who come to San Antonio.
The Alamo is conveniently located within easy reach of major transportation hubs and roadways. Learn more
No Admission Fee
Admission to the Alamo is free. Operation of the Alamo and its educational programming are funded by private donations and sales at the Alamo Gift Shop. Help keep the Alamo free by making a donation today. Learn More
Hours of Operation
The Alamo is open every day of the year, except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day from 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Learn More
The Alamo is comprised of a 4.2 acre complex containing only a portion of the original Alamo mission. Learn More
Rules of Reverence
The Alamo is the Shrine of Texas Liberty. The Alamo has a unique set of rules befitting its status as the Shrine of Texas Liberty and hallowed ground. Please read the rules before entering the Shrine to ensure a respectful, pleasant visit.
1. Gentlemen, please remove your hats inside the Shrine.
2. No open containers are allowed inside the buildings.
3. No food or drinks are allowed inside the buildings.
4. Photography is not allowed inside the buildings.
5. No camera or cell phone use is permitted inside the buildings.
6. Please do not touch the walls or display cases inside the Shrine.
7. No pets are allowed on Alamo Grounds (service animals allowed).
8. No restrooms inside the Shrine. Public restrooms located at back
9. No obscene or offensive clothing is allowed.
10. No bikes or skateboards are allowed on the grounds.
11. Please lower your voice when speaking.
12. No unauthorized weapons are allowed. CHL allowed with permit.